I turn 30 in 5 days.
Is 30 the new 20? Probably not. Will I welcome this new decade with open arms? More like a shrugging ‘meh’. I never thought much about turning 30 until this week, the end of my 20’s. My 20’s were a hodgepodge of the highest of highs & lowest of lows. I became a Mom & a wife, which were major #goals of mine. I lost my Grandpa, who raised me alongside my Mom. There was so much going on that the days felt long but the years flew by me. I remember going to a 30th birthday party at 21, feeling awful for the ancient woman. I laugh thinking of that feeling, because it’s so far from where I am today.
30 thoughts I’ve had about turning 30
- Do I have any wrinkles yet?
- No, in the clear.
- I do have enough grey hairs to last a lifetime though.
- My skincare game needs to be upped, yesterday.
- Have I done enough? If I died tomorrow, how would people remember me? (morbid & deep)
- I guess Taco Bell every week should take a backseat to ‘clean’ meals. Blah.
- Am I the old cousin?
- I’m OK with turning 30.
- I haven’t reached my goal of losing 30lbs before I turn 30.
- IDGAF I worked hard & lost 24lbs.
- I should probably invest in nicer basic tees, sweaters, & jewelry that doesn’t turn my skin green.
- I’m still a cool Mom.
- Be kinder to yourself. Be kinder to others.
- Thank you body for surviving my reckless 20’s.
- I’m on the right path. Life feels correct.
- Do I need to start dressing more… modest?
- My family serves as my ‘clique’
- Friendships require some legit hard work, who knew we’d be this busy?
- Life is unfair, in a lot of ways. This doesn’t mean it’s OK to give up & not participate.
- Should I deactivate my Facebook?
- Forgive yourself, dude. You messed up 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 3 months ago. It’s ok.
- You need to unplug more.
- I don’t think *Nsync is ever getting back together.
- Being boring is cool with me. I’m not as social as I used to be. ACCEPTANCE.
- Accept apologies I never got.
- Don’t feel bad about going to Disneyland so often. Or donating too much money to the Arbor Day Foundation (sorry Bobby!!). Or living your life the best way you know how.
- Hangovers are two days long, make sure it’ll be worth it.
- Ah 29, relevant.
- Life has been really good to you so far, growing old is such a privilege.
RIP to my 20’s, you were one hell of a ride.